That’s right, you read correctly: SheGeeks is giving away a black Dell Mini 10 Netbook thanks to the great folks of Intel!
Netbooks are the talk of the town these days. Who are they for? What can they do? Are they a perfect fit for a geek on the go? While I’d recommend something along the lines of the Dell Studio line-up for more hardcore geeks that need lots of power, those that want something to quickly check emails, catch up on a few feeds, send some tweets, and do a video chat or two, a netbook is the perfect solution for such tasks. In fact, for those that are going back to school or traveling and don’t want the weight of a full notebook, a netbook is a great investment.
UPDATE: And the winner of this awesomesauce Dell Mini 10 is Dannielle B! That’s right, Dannielle will be geeked out with a Dell Mini 10 and just in time for the new school year.
If you didn’t win, don’t fret. There will be plenty of opportunities to win more great geek gadgets in the future. Be sure to subscribe to SheGeeks.net and stay tuned for more!
Alright, don’t fall over yourselves for the specs. Here they are:
- Processor Brand: Intel®
- Processor Class: Atom Z520 (1.33GHz/533MHz FSB/512K L2Cache)
- Installed Memory: 1 Gigabyte
- Hard Drive Capacity: 160 Gigabyte SATA
- Display Size: Glossy 10.1 inch (Max Resolution: 1024×576) WSVGA
- Display Type: LED
- Video: Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 500
- Wireless Lan: Dell 1397 WLAN 802.11g – Half mini-card
- Network Lan: Integrated network connector 10/100 LAN (RJ45),
- Webcam: Integrated 1.3 megapixel
- Sound: Integrated HD AUDIO
- Inputs & Outputs: 2xUSB Ports, 1 Power USB Ports – 1 HDMI Connector – Microphone and Audio Jacks
- Memory Card Slot: 3-in-1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
These are some awesomesauce specs for a netbook that rival quite a few laptops on the market too!
Details And Rules
This giveaway will end on Sunday, August 16th at 11:59 p.m. EST (8:59 p.m. PST). A winner will be randomly chosen and announced the following Monday August 17th.
So here’s what you need to do:
- Leave a thanks to Intel and to the person (or site) that led you to this blog post in the comments section of this post.
- Answer the following in the comments: How would you use a netbook on the go?
- Pat yourself on the back for entering.
- Take a look around SheGeeks.net
Yes you must back yourself on the back for entering (the back-patting Gods will let me know if you don’t). That’s all folks! Best wishes to you all.