My passion is rooted in helping people understand technology by talking about it in plain English.
The rapid pace and changes in the technology landscape can seem daunting. So, I write and speak about technology in ways that empowers people to see the possibilities within technology. SheGeeks.net is where you’ll find an archive of insights to give readers perspective on various tech tools.
SheGeeks ranks as a Top 100 Social Media, Internet Marketing and SEO Blogs.
I’ve been recognized by Essence Magazine as a Power Player, theGrio as a History Maker in the Making (2012). I rank among the 20 Most Influential People in Social Media, 50 Most Influential Women in Tech and Social Media Curator to Watch. I’ve also received recognition from Glamour Magazine among their 21 Amazing Young Women of 2011 and Time Magazine’s Techland Blog as one of 25 Facebook Profiles You Should Subscribe to Right Now.
Twitter. iPhone Apps. RSS Readers. If you are scratching your head about any of the things mentioned, then read Corvida Raven’s blog, SheGeeks. She has the scoop on new tools and she will tell you what’s good.Nichelle Stevens, Pepsi We Inspire
Please contact me here for freelance writing, speaking engagements, product reviews and other opportunities.
- A Third Place™ Creator · 2011 to present
- SheGeeks.net Creator and Editor· 2006 to present
- TED Community Catalyst · 2011 – 2012
- Laptop Magazine Freelance Writer · 2010 – 2011
- FastCompany Community Manager · 2010 – 2011
- General Motors (Chevrolet) Tour Social Media Specialist · 2010
- Intel Intel Advisor Program · 2009 – 2011
- Mr. Tweet Blog Editor · 2009
- ReadWrite (formerly ReadWriteWeb) Writer (Articles), Community Manager · 2009
- Guidewire Group Summer Research Intern · 2008
It is rare to hear a speaker who can talk about computer software and nifty new tools with clarity and in a way that makes people feel they can tackle the complications, instead of leaving everyone mystified and insecure and convinced they have to ask for help.Liz Henry, BlogHer
- Moderator: Black Girls Code: Women of Color in STEM Panel – June
- Moderator: Project Napster Panel (SxSW) – March
- Keynote: AT&T “28 Days” – January
- Black Girls Code Robot Expo: Understanding real world needs for STEM education – January
- SxSW: Race – When to Hold it and When to Fold it – March
- Seize the Narrative: Remove the Frame – April
- X Media Lab – June
- Media Future Now – February
- Urban Influencer Panel 360 Series – March
- We Media – April
- MLOVE Conference (BERLIN) – June/July
- IgniteNYC – September
- Blissdom – Feb.
- GeekGirlCamp Workshops – March
- SxSW10 Core Conversation: Your Online Identity After Death & Digital Wills – March ( Interview)
- The Derrick Ashong Experience @ SxSW (Oprah Radio) – March
- 140 Characters Conference – April (Video)
- Bronx High School Entrepreneurial Workshop – April
- Help for Non-Profits: Using Twitter & Tech to Create Effective Relationships – July