I just logged into Twitter and after sending a direct message from the Twitter homepage my screen showed this:
At first I thought Firefox was going haywire on me. However, this is not the case. It seems Twitter is testing a new theme design and one that I’m not quite sure how I feel about.
- Tabs are now to the right of the screen
- You can see the number of direct messages you have (not sure if that was there before)
- Time stamps and “from” stamp are in italics
- Latest tweet has been pushed under the "message box
- Reply and Favorite shortcuts now appear as you hover over a message
- If someone sent a message via text, the txt link takes you to the Official Twitter Commands page
- The previous update also does the same for Twhirl, Twitterrific, and Twittelator. Meaning it takes you to their respective homepages
- The search box was also moved (Thanks Orli!)
Not a huge or even drastic change, but a surprising one nonetheless. What do you think of the rearrangement?
It seems they’ve reverted back. To quote Chrissie Brodigan:
chrissieb ROFL – opps, apparently someone pushed the wrong button. FAIL! half a minute ago from web.